[comp.windows.ms] WinQVT v4.51

einstein@wam.umd.edu (Daniel J. Levine) (11/29/90)

I have had a problem with this version in that on
our system, the host hangs up and the connection is
lost.  For some reason, WinQVT is unaware that the
host has hungup.  As a result, it always asks me
if I want to kill the connection.

I get similar problems when I first open WinQVT!

All in all, there have been some very nice imporvements
in WinQVT.  But these might be fixed easily.

BTW:  I have a Cardinal 2400 modem.

Emc2
Joe Sample - University of Merryland, College Park
jsample@wam.umd.edu (This is a sample signature file)

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (11/30/90)

In article <1990Nov28.174654.8408@wam.umd.edu> einstein@wam.umd.edu (Daniel J. Levine) writes:
>I have had a problem with this version in that on
>our system, the host hangs up and the connection is
>lost.  For some reason, WinQVT is unaware that the
>host has hungup.  As a result, it always asks me
>if I want to kill the connection.
>
>I get similar problems when I first open WinQVT!
>
>All in all, there have been some very nice imporvements
>in WinQVT.  But these might be fixed easily.
>
>BTW:  I have a Cardinal 2400 modem.

The problem I had was when running it, the default.vt is apparently used to
find a com try to check for its existence. The default.vt shipped with winqvt
is set for com port 1. My mouse is on com port 1, so it gave a message saying
"invalid com port". Clicking OK on the dialog box promptly gave me an
"Unrecoverable Application Error" and it terminated. I had to edit the
default.vt file and change the port from 1 to 2.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254