[comp.windows.ms] Help with Coral Draw 1.2 needed

labodt@swift.cs.tcd.ie (11/07/90)

Hi there,
I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem ?

What I want to do with Coral Draw:

Display several lines of characters as text.
I select the text menu then select the font type and
finally enter the characters into the text field.
The problem is that I can't seem to be able to enter a line break.
With version 1.1 pressing <Return> did the job.

With the new version 1.2 I don't know what key to press to get a line break
to display several lines of text.

Thank you in advance

Thomas Labod

djnel@PacBell.COM (David J. Nelson) (11/10/90)

In article <7316.27381066@swift.cs.tcd.ie> labodt@swift.cs.tcd.ie writes:

>What I want to do with Coral Draw:
>
>Display several lines of characters as text.
>I select the text menu then select the font type and
>finally enter the characters into the text field.
>The problem is that I can't seem to be able to enter a line break.
>With version 1.1 pressing <Return> did the job.

Just use a <Control><Return>.  That's it.

David Nelson

baldy@micor.UUCP (Andre Sastre) (11/10/90)

In article <7316.27381066@swift.cs.tcd.ie> labodt@swift.cs.tcd.ie writes:
>What I want to do with Coral Draw:
>
>Display several lines of characters as text.
>I select the text menu then select the font type and
>finally enter the characters into the text field.
>The problem is that I can't seem to be able to enter a line break.
>With version 1.1 pressing <Return> did the job.
>
>With the new version 1.2 I don't know what key to press to get a line break
>to display several lines of text.

You have to press ctrl-ENTER when using Corel Draw 1.2 with windows 3.0.
This is not necessary if you are using Corel Draw 1.2 with an earlier
version of windows.

This information can be found in the addendum sheet that was inserted with
Corel Draw 1.2.

Donna Hogan
(Corel Systems Technical Support - really!)

--
uucp: nrcaer!cunews!micor!baldy      internet: cunews!micor!baldy@nrcaer.UUCP
The Bald Eagle strikes again!

God created only so many perfect heads, the rest He covered with hair.

dennett@usage.csd.unsw.oz.au (Dennett Jaques) (11/11/90)

In article <7316.27381066@swift.cs.tcd.ie>, labodt@swift.cs.tcd.ie writes:

> Hi there,
> I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem ?
>
> What I want to do with Coral Draw:
>
> Display several lines of characters as text.
> I select the text menu then select the font type and
> finally enter the characters into the text field.
> The problem is that I can't seem to be able to enter a line break.
> With version 1.1 pressing <Return> did the job.
>
> With the new version 1.2 I don't know what key to press to get a line break
> to display several lines of text.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Thomas Labod

To place a carriage return in the text edit box of Corel Draw V1.2
you have to hold down the control key and then hit the enter key.

  Cheers.

  Dennett Jaques.

   ,-_|\     Network Analyst             E-mail: dennett@usage.csd.unsw.edu.au
  /     \    The University of N.S.W     Phone:  +61 2 697-2324
  \_,-._* <- Sydney, AUSTRALIA           FAX:    +61 2 662-8665
       v     _________________________________________________________________

                         When I want my employers opinion,
                               I'll give it to them.

phluffy@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Douglas Bailey) (11/12/90)

Control-Enter should do the trick for you.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!phluffy
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!phluffy@nosc.mil
INET: phluffy@pnet51.orb.mn.org

becap@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Brian CAPSON) (11/12/90)

To insert multiple line of text into Corel Draw, use either CTRL-ENTER
or SHIFT-ENTER. Alot of WinApps recompiled with version 3 of the SDK
have this problem. It has to do with the way MS has changed the
implementation of the text box seemingly without telling a whole lot of
people.

- Brian Capson

dve@zooid.UUCP (David Mason) (11/16/90)

labodt@swift.cs.tcd.ie writes:

> With the new version 1.2 I don't know what key to press to get a line break
> to display several lines of text.

Press Cntrl-M instead of Return.

vera@cadence.com (Vera Vallentin-Price) (12/04/90)

In article <4m7os1w163w@zooid.UUCP> dve@zooid.UUCP (David Mason) writes:
>labodt@swift.cs.tcd.ie writes:
>
>> With the new version 1.2 I don't know what key to press to get a line break
>> to display several lines of text.
>
>Press Cntrl-M instead of Return.

I thought Control-Return was working too!

-vera