[comp.windows.ms] HP DeskJet Scalable Font Driver

robertt@hp-vcd.HP.COM (Bob Taylor) (12/04/90)

Since I've been getting so many requests for this, here is
the information needed for DeskJet and DeskJet Plus owners to get HP's new
Scalable Font driver for Windows 3.0.  First of all, here is the "spec
sheet" (my rambling, nothing official from HP)

Supports DeskJet 500, DeskJet Plus, and DeskJet (although performance on
    the DeskJet will be poor).  It does not support any other printers
    from Hewlett-Packard or any other manufacturers.
Contains Agfa Compugraphic Intellifont font scaling technology, allowing
    on the fly font scaling from 4 to 127 points for printing.
Ships with four font families: CG Times, Univers, Courier, and Symbol.
Can use any fonts from the HP MasterType Library (LaserJet III scalable
    typefaces)
Can print all text and graphics in both portrait and landscape.
Improved throughput over the standard Windows DeskJet driver.
DIB (Device Independent Bitmap) support.
Screen Font Generator (allows creation of matching screen fonts, but not
    on the fly)
Requires 80286, 640k RAM (1 Meg RAM reccomended)

Does NOT support internal printer, cartridge, or soft fonts.

Ordering Information:
DeskJet 500 owners: Send in the reply card that came with your DeskJet 500
    (newer DeskJet 500's will have the driver in the box).  The driver will
    be sent to you, free of charge.
DeskJet, DeskJet Plus owners:
     Call (303)353-7650 for U.S., Canada, and Mexico (Europe has a
     different distribution plan - call your HP dealer for details).
     It costs $20 plus tax (to cover disk, shipping, costs, etc.)
     and is payable with VISA, MasterCard, or money order.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, but I'll be out of the office
for the next couple of weeks, so replies will be a little slow.

bob taylor
HP Vancouver

genemans@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jan K. Genemans) (12/05/90)

In article <920002@hp-vcd.HP.COM> robertt@hp-vcd.HP.COM (Bob Taylor) writes:
>Since I've been getting so many requests for this, here is
>the information needed for DeskJet and DeskJet Plus owners to get HP's new
>Scalable Font driver for Windows 3.0.
   [specs deleted]
>Ordering Information:
>DeskJet 500 owners: Send in the reply card that came with your DeskJet 500
>    (newer DeskJet 500's will have the driver in the box).  The driver will
>    be sent to you, free of charge.

Could anyone ftp this driver to cica in a ZIP file.  I've sent in the regis-
tration card but don't want to wait a few weeks for it.  Since it is printer
specific and free, I don't see any problems with ftp'ing or posting it in a
uuencoded form.  Thanks in advance.