[comp.windows.ms] Winword...simple questions..Actually: Aborting print jobs

nak@cbnews.att.com (Neil A. Kirby) (12/07/90)

In article <20213@rouge.usl.edu>, pcb@cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:
> How do you cancel printing in draft mode?  I tried escape...
> can't figure out how to do it.  When in the manual does it give
> instructions, I can't find it (I have pocket guide and ms press book).
[stuff deleted]
> Oh well, I still like it, even though I had to sit through a 60 page
> accidental print request!!!(couldn't escape it)  What happened to
>     AbortDocProc anyway.

Try to get to it through the print manager (which is actually doing the
printing).  Iconify W4W and go after print manager.  If that fails, just
reach over and power down your printer. Print manager will complain and
you can kill it then.

Neil Kirby
...att!archie!nak