[net.followup] Request for net.africa !!!!again!!!!

joyceb@ptsfc.UUCP (J. Black) (04/19/85)

In article <309@link.UUCP> aaa@link.UUCP (Wale Akinpelu) writes:
>I am looking for more people who have interest in this new
>group.
>	Request for net.nlang.africa, net.africa or net.culture.africa
>
>Wale Akinpelu

I don't know how many people it takes to create a newsgroup but I'm
hoping there is enough interest. I do know netters who didn't see this
request because they don't subscribe to the groups to which it was
posted.

I will follow postings on the subject matter wherever it is even if a
separate group is not created.

				Joyce Black

...dual!ptsfa!ptsfc!joyceb

link@houxh.UUCP (L.BLAKE) (04/19/85)

Yes!!!!!	The current state of affairs in Africa has brought
		on world wide concern and IS of a magnitude that:

		a) probably DOES warrant a devoted newsgroup

		b) warrants some long term discussion

	e.g., country wide university demos, world wide famine relief
	efforts (which don't quite always make it to the destination),
	and reams of other topics of important interest.

	Any other takers out there???

houxh!link

goldman@umn-cs.UUCP (Matthew D. Goldman ) (04/24/85)

In article <453@houxh.UUCP> link@houxh.UUCP (L.BLAKE) writes:
>Yes!!!!!	The current state of affairs in Africa has brought
>		on world wide concern and IS of a magnitude that:
>
>		a) probably DOES warrant a devoted newsgroup
>
>		b) warrants some long term discussion
>
>	e.g., country wide university demos, world wide famine relief
>	efforts (which don't quite always make it to the destination),
>	and reams of other topics of important interest.
>
>	Any other takers out there???
>
>houxh!link

NO!!!!!

I have no sympathy for the Africans since they refused to allow the
Israelies to continue their airlift once the world press found out
about it.

			Matt Goldman
				(but they call me Otto)
			inhp4!stolaf!umn-cs!goldman

Home is where you take off your hat...		Banzai!

med@astrovax.UUCP (Mark Dickinson) (04/29/85)

> Yes!!!!!	The current state of affairs in Africa has brought
> 		on world wide concern and IS of a magnitude that:
>
> 		a) probably DOES warrant a devoted newsgroup
>
> 		b) warrants some long term discussion
>
> 	e.g., country wide university demos, world wide famine relief
> 	efforts (which don't quite always make it to the destination),
> 	and reams of other topics of important interest.
>
> 	Any other takers out there???
>
> houxh!link

Here's a yes vote.

ix191@sdcc6.UUCP (ix191) (05/03/85)

In article <582@astrovax.UUCP> med@astrovax.UUCP (Mark Dickinson) writes:
>> Yes!!!!!	The current state of affairs in Africa has brought
>> 		on world wide concern and IS of a magnitude that:
>>
>> 		a) probably DOES warrant a devoted newsgroup
>>
>> 		b) warrants some long term discussion
>>
>> 	e.g., country wide university demos, world wide famine relief
>> 	efforts (which don't quite always make it to the destination),
>> 	and reams of other topics of important interest.
>>
>> 	Any other takers out there???
>>
>> houxh!link
>>

>Here's a yes vote.

Another Yes vote --LETS DO IT!
	-Debi Cohen

liang@cvl.UUCP (Eli Liang) (05/04/85)

> In article <453@houxh.UUCP> link@houxh.UUCP (L.BLAKE) writes:
> >Yes!!!!!	The current state of affairs in Africa has brought
> >		on world wide concern and IS of a magnitude that:
> >
> >		a) probably DOES warrant a devoted newsgroup
> >
> >		b) warrants some long term discussion
> >
> >	e.g., country wide university demos, world wide famine relief
> >	efforts (which don't quite always make it to the destination),
> >	and reams of other topics of important interest.
> >
> >	Any other takers out there???
> >
> >houxh!link
> >

> NO!!!!!
>
> I have no sympathy for the Africans since they refused to allow the
> Israelies to continue their airlift once the world press found out
> about it.
>
> 			Matt Goldman
> 				(but they call me Otto)
> 			inhp4!stolaf!umn-cs!goldman
>
> Home is where you take off your hat...		Banzai!

So you would judge the people of a whole continent by the actions of the
government of one country.  Does that mean I can judge all Jewish people
by your own prejudices/bigotry?

-eli

Eli Liang  ---
        University of Maryland Computer Vision Lab, (301) 454-4526
        ARPA: liang@cvl, liang@lemuria, eli@mit-mc, eli@mit-prep
        CSNET: liang@cvl  UUCP: {seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!cvl!liang

hart@cp1.UUCP (Rod Hart) (05/04/85)

> In article <453@houxh.UUCP> link@houxh.UUCP (L.BLAKE) writes:
> >Yes!!!!!	The current state of affairs in Africa has brought
> >		on world wide concern and IS of a magnitude that:
> >
> >		a) probably DOES warrant a devoted newsgroup
> >
> >		b) warrants some long term discussion
> >
> >	e.g., country wide university demos, world wide famine relief
> >	efforts (which don't quite always make it to the destination),
> >	and reams of other topics of important interest.
> >
> >	Any other takers out there???
> >
> >houxh!link
> >

> NO!!!!!
>
> I have no sympathy for the Africans since they refused to allow the
> Israelies to continue their airlift once the world press found out
> about it.
>
> 			Matt Goldman
> 				(but they call me Otto)
> 			inhp4!stolaf!umn-cs!goldman
>
> Home is where you take off your hat...		Banzai!

Matt your response proves the need for a net.africa. I always thought
Africa was a continent with a very large number of people with different
cultures. I am sure you are not upset with all African people (nations)
because one refused to cooperate with the U.S. and Israelies.--

Signed by:
  Rod Hart (WA3MEZ)
  Minicomputer Technical Support District
  Chesapeake & Potomac Tel. Co.
  A Bell Atlantic Company
  Silver Spring, Md.
  sabre!cp1!hart - gamma!cp1!hart - umcp-cs!cp1!hart - aplvax!cp1!hart