[comp.windows.ms] WinQVT startup size

corey@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (j.c. wang) (11/29/90)

I just downloaded WinQVT 4.51 and I'm very impressed with the tall window
option which I would like to use as my default in the setup file.  But when
I use the save function it doesn't seem to want to save the window size.
Am I missing something?

During loading, after I pick my '^.vt' file (still called default.vt) I get
an error message: 'Unable to Open Config File.'  While this in anoying and
prevents automatic loading of the dialing dialog box, all the setup info is
loaded correctly.  Any suggestions?

I'm also wondering if there is any way to define the startup window size
and/or location for applications in general, i.e. add a command line to
win.ini file?

Any help will be geatly appreciated.  Thanx in advance....

          John Wang

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (12/11/90)

In article <33678@netnews.upenn.edu> corey@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (j.c. wang) writes:
>I'm also wondering if there is any way to define the startup window size
>and/or location for applications in general, i.e. add a command line to
>win.ini file?

By chance I noticed in the *.vt file:
	terminal=VT200
	winpos=225,0	<== window positioned against the upper right in 800x600
	screen=normal

	(the line before & after are just for positioning purposes ...
	I am not sure if it matters).

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr