[comp.windows.ms] ScreenPeace

woan@peyote.cactus.org (Ronald S. Woan) (08/08/90)

I got Screen Peace off of cica.cica.indiana.edu a few weeks ago and it
is awesome with the slight bug that it does not recognize keystrokes
(I am running 800x600x16 in 386 enhanced mode) when figuring out timeouts,
so I have to give my mouse a little nudge now and then to keep it from
going to save mode. Is there some later version that fixes this? I have
looked on CompuServe, but I couldn't even find the program with
"fast" file find...

						Ron
+ Ronald S. Woan                                     woan@peyote.cactus.org +
+ If nothing else works                              woan@soda.berkeley.edu +

pp00287@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Payman Parastaran) (12/10/90)

Where can I find the Screen Peace screensaver that is mentioned here.  Is
there an ftp site that has it?  Any info what be appreciated.

Payman					payman@uiuc.edu

   Payman Parastaran	/ payman@uiuc.edu..............(217) 398-1452 /
_______________________/_____________________________________________/__________

nef@mace.cc.purdue.edu (paulhicks) (12/11/90)

In article <1990Dec10.031013.24654@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> pp00287@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Payman  Parastaran) writes:
>Where can I find the Screen Peace screensaver that is mentioned here.  Is
>there an ftp site that has it?  Any info what be appreciated.

I believe that cica.cica.indiana.edu has a copy of SP.  It
is located under the windows directory.

Paul

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (12/12/90)

In article <6357@mace.cc.purdue.edu> nef@mace.cc.purdue.edu (paulhicks) writes:
>In article <1990Dec10.031013.24654@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> pp00287@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Payman  Parastaran) writes:
>>Where can I find the Screen Peace screensaver that is mentioned here.  Is
>>there an ftp site that has it?  Any info what be appreciated.
>
>I believe that cica.cica.indiana.edu has a copy of SP.  It
>is located under the windows directory.
>
>Paul

This is pretty nebulous, try

cica.cica.indiana.edu:pub/pc/win3/util/scrpe12.zip.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254

neman@sunee.waterloo.edu (Neman "Napalm" Syed) (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec11.183332.20626@sj.ate.slb.com> poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) writes:
>(WRT where to find Screen Peace)
>cica.cica.indiana.edu:pub/pc/win3/util/scrpe12.zip.

BTW, you can also find SP screens under the same directory (util):
mazespx.zip
morespx.zip
newspxs.zip
spextn.zip
spx2.zip
Just in case you were wondering.  Oh yeah - I just got SP yesterday,
and it's pretty cool!  Can you get it to use a specific screen
rather than randomly selecting one (i.e. not previewing, but actually
using that one)?  Waiting in awe of the infinite knowledge about
to spew across my screen...

--
Neman Syed - Rebel Without A Clue
neman@sunee.uwaterloo.ca    or    neman@108.watstar.uwaterloo.ca