[comp.windows.ms] Opinions sought on hDC "MicroApps" for Win3

tomr@ashtate (Tom Rombouts) (12/08/90)

One of the computer columnists was raving about hDC and their
"MicroApps" for windows.  Any experience with these out there?
They are in the Seattle area at (206)885-5550 and I have already
requested literature.

Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com   V:(213)538-7108

JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (12/08/90)

I tried the "FirstApps" programs on a friends computer and was not real
impressed.  I don't like the way you load them or the way it takes over the
programs exit button.  I would have gotten them for the screen saver, but
the price was too high. Then Microsoft Entertainment Pac came out and
I didn't even need that.
   ________                   Jim Hodgers
  /___()___\                  JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU
  \ ______ /                  May your faithful saint bernard
   \ ____ /                   run away with your yellow Alfa Romeo
    \____/                    (Found in a fortune cookie)

nef@mace.cc.purdue.edu (paulhicks) (12/09/90)

In article <90341.140813JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU> JMH@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:
>I tried the "FirstApps" programs on a friends computer and was not real
>impressed.  I don't like the way you load them or the way it takes over the
>programs exit button.  I would have gotten them for the screen saver, but
>the price was too high. Then Microsoft Entertainment Pac came out and
>I didn't even need that.

If you need a screen saver why not try Screen Peace?  It's avialable
at cica.cica.indiana.edu?  I've had no prolems with it (since
I got the new version) :-)

Paul

Renee@cup.portal.com (Renee Linda Roberts) (12/13/90)

I got it, and felt that for an end-user with NO windows experience, it might
come into use. But for anyone else, it is not worth the money or the effort
to load it.

Regards,

*   *             Renee L. Roberts			US Snail:
  *               Usenet: Renee@cup.portal.com		461 Century Cross Court
\___/              GEnie: cyclist			San Jose, CA 95111-1806

   /\
  / *\
 / *  \		Peace On Earth, Man. - Bart Simpson
/*___*_\