loucl@homxa.UUCP (L.CHANLIZAROO) (12/18/84)

From: gjw@clyde.UUCP (Gregory J. Wroclawski)
>	On November 7th I had placed an order for a Passport to replace
>my stolen Escort. At that time I was told that my unit would be
>shipped on December 10th. This past weekend I received a letter from
>to find out the whole story. Now they are indicating that my unit is
>to be shipped on February 3rd !. I was told that they were receiving
>many defective circuit boards and that they had to go through a redesign
>during which time production was halted. Has anybody out there in net
>land ordered one early enough to receive it yet?. I am getting the
>
>					Happy Motoring,
>					Greg Wroclawski

  I ordered my PASSPORT in late October.  Like Greg, I
received a letter that my unit will be shipped by
December 10th.  I gave Cin. Microwave a call on the 14th
to find out whether they have shipped the unit yet.  The
person answering the phone was very polite, but he did
indicate that they have production problems.  He also
mentioned that it would be very optimistic if I could get
it befor the end of the year.  Well, imagine my surprise
when I got home today (12/18) at lunchtime to find a box
from Cin. Microwave shipped Federal Express Priority One
Package.  I opened it, and there it was, (drum roll) A
BRAND NEW PASSPORT.
  Since I got it this afternoon, I have not reviewed the
performance of the machine, but it is definitely SMALL!!!
Since I going on vacation, I will not be able to report
the performance for some time.
  So, Greg, hang in there, you might get it before Feb 3.

  Good things come to those who wait.

--
louis chan   ..!ihnp4!homxa!loucl
"Don't blame me, I'm just putting my 2 cents in!"