[comp.windows.ms] WNQVT451 locks at startup: help needed

pjp23@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Paul J Pival) (12/13/90)

Every time I've tried loading WNQVT451, the program freezes and I have
to hit the reset button.  The initial screen comes up, but after the
opening graphic, the numlock light blinks off, the cursor stops moving,
and the entire system locks up.  Any suggestions most appreciated!

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (12/15/90)

In article <69860@unix.cis.pitt.edu> pjp23@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Paul J Pival) writes:
>Every time I've tried loading WNQVT451, the program freezes and I have
>to hit the reset button.  The initial screen comes up, but after the
>opening graphic, the numlock light blinks off, the cursor stops moving,
>and the entire system locks up.  Any suggestions most appreciated!

I too has a problem at first. It looks (at start up, after the graphic comes up)
in the default.vt file for the com port to use, it then attempts to initialize
it. Well, the default as supplied is port 1, if you are using other than port 1,
you must manually edit this file. There is a line near the top

port=1

change it to your actual com port number (probably 2).

For me, it manifested itself as an unrecoverable application error, but didn't
crash windows.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254