[comp.windows.ms] Driver for Toshiba 600X400

markxx@garnet.berkeley.edu (12/01/90)

	Is there a driver that is compatible with the Toshiba 1200XE
screen that *reverses* the video?  I can use the driver that comes with
Windows and uses the driver for the 600x400 AT&T screen.  Unlike the
1000SE/XE the screen on the 1200XE cannot be reversed, so everything
is backward.  Changing the colors in the setup doesn't work- I loose the
selector bar in the pull down menus- and that will not reverse the colors
for graphics.  Any ideas?  The current driver is fine- except I want all
the colors switched- and this is monochrome.

Mark.  (please e-mail replies)

markxx@garnet.berkeley.edu

dan@rna.UUCP (Dan Ts'o) (12/17/90)

In article <1990Dec1.075659.14066@agate.berkeley.edu> markxx@garnet.berkeley.edu writes:
>	Is there a driver that is compatible with the Toshiba 1200XE
>screen that *reverses* the video?  I can use the driver that comes with
>Windows and uses the driver for the 600x400 AT&T screen.  Unlike the
>1000SE/XE the screen on the 1200XE cannot be reversed, so everything
>is backward.  Changing the colors in the setup doesn't work- I loose the
>selector bar in the pull down menus- and that will not reverse the colors
>for graphics.  Any ideas?  The current driver is fine- except I want all
>the colors switched- and this is monochrome.

	You didn't say which version of Windows you wanted, but the
essential trick is to hand-edit the color table in the appropriate
*.INI file, rather than relying on the Control program. In Windows 2.X,
Control did not have the capability of reversing every color field, thus
you lose the menu bars, etc.Z| You needed to hand-edit the [colors]
field in WIN.INI.
	In Windows 3.0, I haven't tried, but I'm sure the same applies, and
it appears that one needs to edit CONTROL.INI.

				Cheers,
				Dan Ts'o		212-570-7671
				Dept. Neurobiology	dan@rna.rockefeller.edu
				Rockefeller Univ.	rna!dan@nyu.edu