[comp.windows.ms] screen savers with DOS applications

rr@faron.mitre.org (Robert Rifkin) (12/17/90)

I have tried two screen savers, Magic and Screen Peace, running
under Windows 3.  Both worked fine with Windows applications,
but neither blank the screen when I run a DOS application
from the Windows DOS prompt.  Is there a way to get
these, or other screen savers, to work for all applications?

--
    Robert Rifkin               Phone: (617) 271-2783
    MS E025

burhans@mizar.usc.edu (Mustang Sally) (12/18/90)

In article <127314@linus.mitre.org> rr@faron.mitre.org (Robert Rifkin) writes:
>I have tried two screen savers, Magic and Screen Peace, running
>under Windows 3.  Both worked fine with Windows applications,
>but neither blank the screen when I run a DOS application
>from the Windows DOS prompt.  Is there a way to get
>these, or other screen savers, to work for all applications?

Haven't actually tried this as I use very few DOS apps but the Advanced
option from the ScreenPeace (1.2) icon has a checkbox labelled: Active DOS
window disables ScreenPeace. I would imagine if you unchecked it, screen
peace would be inclined to work even with a DOS app running.

Well, I sort of tried it and got hosed, but hey, give it a shot.

--
Jackie Burhans (burhans@usc.edu)
Data Stylist, USC Student Affairs