[comp.windows.ms] Gram-mat'-ik go boom, him not like tables

preston@lll-crg.llnl.gov (David R Preston) (12/17/90)

I just finished proofreading my thesis using Grammatik for Windows.
I'm no English major, but I think it done real good.  However, I
consistently got unrecoverable application errors in a section with
several tables.  I'm using Word for Windows and I have many figures,
equations, imported tif files, and tables.  Sections with one table
worked fine, but there is one part of my paper that has six tables
with no intervening text.  When G4W hit that it died.  I tried
using "ignore block" to no avail.  To test it, I made a copy of the
document and converted the tables to text.  That worked fine, so I
proofed that copy and made the changes to the original by hand.
I think I noticed another slight bug in its handling of a sentence
that was split by a page break, but nothing major.
-david

        preston@lll-crg.llnl.gov
	There is no limit to the number of seeing eye dogs
	on Muni vehicles
        D. R. Preston  584 Castro St. #614 SF CA 94114 USA

cms2839@isc.rit.edu (C.M. Stuntz ) (12/18/90)

In article <87973@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> preston@lll-crg.llnl.gov (David R Preston) writes:
>I just finished proofreading my thesis using Grammatik for Windows.
>I'm no English major, but I think it done real good.

				i wouldn't be too sure of that ... 8^)=

--
       @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
       @     "Imagination keeps the shadows away  -  Xymox      @

preston@lll-crg.llnl.gov (David R Preston) (12/18/90)

In article <87973@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> (David R Preston) complains:
>I just finished proofreading my thesis using Grammatik for Windows.
>I consistently got unrecoverable application errors in a section with
>several tables.

I called Reference Software today to notify them of the bug.  They
didn't sound surprised :-)  The tech support person asked me to hit
control-r and tell him what the revision number was.  I did so and
there was no revison number.  I was told that I have an early version
and they will mail a new one to me immediately.  It sounds like they
are quietly fixing bugs and releasing new software without announcing
new versions.  So if you buy Grammatik for Windows and there is the
slightest thing wrong with it, give them a call for a new version.  I
haven't seen any version being sold other than 1.0.