[comp.windows.ms] Looking for a Windows terminal program

etileniu@oracle.COM (Eric Tilenius) (01/01/91)

I'm looking for advice on a Windows terminal program that supports VT220
emulation.  I've found two so far that do it -- DynaComm Asynch for Windows
and TERM for Windows (Century Software).

Does anyone have comments on either of these two?  Or any others that might
be better? One thing of concern to me is the display font -- I like the font
used in Terminal, but am not wild about the font used in CrossTalk, for
example.  Which has better VT220 emulation?

Any comments are appreciated.  EMAIL if possible, please.

- ERIC -

// // // Eric Tilenius, Associate Product Manager, Oracle Corporation \\ \\ \\
\\ \\ \\ Redwood Shores, CA, USA.  415-506-3175.  etileniu@oracle.COM // // //

system@hlthnt.UUCP (Steve Ginn ) (01/03/91)

etileniu@oracle.COM (Eric Tilenius) writes:

> I'm looking for advice on a Windows terminal program that supports VT220
> emulation.  I've found two so far that do it -- DynaComm Asynch for Windows
> and TERM for Windows (Century Software).
>
> Does anyone have comments on either of these two?  Or any others that might
> be better? One thing of concern to me is the display font -- I like the font
> used in Terminal, but am not wild about the font used in CrossTalk, for
> example.  Which has better VT220 emulation?
>
> Any comments are appreciated.  EMAIL if possible, please.

A very plain and straight forward terminal program for win 3.0 is called
QVT v4.3 .  I believe it supports all of the VT emulations as well as a
variety of transfer protocols.

Steve Ginn

E-Mail:  ...unmvax!bbx.basis.com!hlthnt!postmaster