[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 & WordPerfect 51

roe@LL.MIT.EDU (Ted Roe) (01/04/91)

In article <1991Jan3.134726.2148@athena.mit.edu> avaitor writes

>In article <1991Jan2.210740.20650@eng.ufl.edu> mjw@wasp.eng.ufl.edu (Michael J. Wohlgemuth) writes:
>>I have a user with a Zenith 386 running at 16 MHz, with 3 Mbytes of
>>extended memory, Netware workstation shell version 3.01, and
>>QEMM 5.1.  When running in enhanced mode, and using Word Perfect 5.1,
>>most of the times that he tries to access the floppy drive, he
>>gets an error and the option to retry or cancel.
>
>Sorry, I can't help you.  I also have problems with WordPerfect 5.1 and
>Some of the problems I have:
>
>   * If I start up windows, and then start up WordPerfect as a full screen
>     DOS application, WordPerfect kills windows and exits straight to DOS
>     when I exit a document via F7.

I have been running WordPerfect 5.1 from Windows 3.0 since last summer with
no real problems on a Northgate 386/20Mhz with 4 MB memory, DOS 4.0.
My PIF file is as follows:

Program Filename:	C:\WP51\WP.EXE
Window Title:		WordPerfect
Optional Parameters:	/w=*,700 /r
Startup Directory:	c:\WP
Memory Requirements:	KB Required 358		KB Desired 640
Display Useage:         Full Screen

No unusual advanced options are set.

The /w=*,700 allows WordPerfect to use all available conventional memory and
up to 700KB of expanded memory. The /r switch loads menus and overlays into
expanded memory.

I have also been using DrawPerfect 1.1 with a similar PIF with no problems.

 .... sent by: Ted Roe                        | roe@ll.mit.edu
               Lincoln Laboratory, Group 91   | tedr@betel (internal)
               (617) 981-5685                 | am926@cleveland.freenet.edu