[comp.windows.ms] Equivalent of autoexec.bat for Windows

ergo@netcom.UUCP (Isaac Rabinovitch) (12/22/90)

In <6230@videovax.tv.tek.com> dougs@videovax.tv.tek.com (Doug Stevens) writes:

>I would like Windows to automatically connect my network (Novell)
>printer each time I start up. I'm able to set up a macro with the recorder
>which is occasionally successful in doing this, but I haven't found a way
>to automatically invoke it ....

One way is to install Command Post (from Wilson Windoware; there's a
shareware version, and the commercial version costs $50).  It has this
fancy "menu language" that can also do startup processing.  A pity
Wilson didn't take things a tiny step further and implement batch/shell
programs.
--

	ergo@netcom.uucp			Isaac Rabinovitch
	netcom!ergo@apple.com			Silicon Valley, CA

		THIS STATEMENT IS VERIFIABLY, IRREFUTABLY TRUE!

reedj@hplsla.HP.COM (Reed Jacobsen) (01/05/91)

On page 519 of the Windows Users Guide, there is a description of a
file with the special name "WINSTART.BAT": "WINSTART.BAT is a normal
batch file, except that Windows automatically runs it after starting
in 386 enhanced mode."  I have tried this for a couple of things, and
it hasn't met my purposes, but it might be worth looking into for what
you want.