[comp.windows.ms] ATM and Corel WFNs

amf@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Andrew Fountain) (01/09/91)

In <JMERRILL.91Jan7154556@fenris.claremont.edu> jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu (Generic User) writes:

>Also, has anyone had much success converting WFNs for use with ATM?
>I posted about this several weeks back, but I've been out of town so any
>replies have scrolled.

I have sucessfully converted WFN's to ATM type 1 but with some problems:

1) Wfnboss produces a different type 1 every time. Some work, some
don't. No idea why. Keep trying till it works.

2) If you want to create separate bold/italic fonts then you have to
change the name to be the same as the normal font but with ITALIC after
it. If you don't do this, then the font won't come in automatically for
italic.

3) Some characters convert wrong with stringy bits hanging off them. No
idea why.

4) I'm still working on how to use the fonts with a PostScript printer.

amf@ecs.soton.ac.uk                  Dr. Andrew Fountain
Tel: +44 703 592831                  Dept of Electronics and Computer Science
Fax: +44 703 593045                  University of Southampton
Telex: 47661 SOTONU G                Southampton  SO9 5NH  England