[comp.windows.ms] WFW Default Directory, Technical Reference book

tmottonen@cc.helsinki.fi (01/10/91)

In article <2770008@hparc0.HP.COM>, dak@hparc0.HP.COM (Dave Kruger) writes:
> / hparc0:comp.windows.ms / <YTHPRGDB@MTUS5.BITNET> /  7:15 am  Dec 29, 1990 /

[...]
> STICK THE BOOTS IN FLAG: ON
>
> I can guess what the above commands do, but don't know for sure.  To know this,
> I would have to buy the "Microsoft Word for Windows Technical Reference".  If
> *that* book is as atrocious as the rest of the W4W documentation (and Microsoft
> documentation in general) it would be a great waste of money.  Fair Dinkum,
> I've never seen such hopeless documentation as that which comes with W4W.
>
> There, I feel much better now.  If anyone at Microsoft is listening, care to
> comment?
>
> STICK THE BOOTS IN FLAG: OFF
>

> Regards,
>
> Dave K.

    Have you looked at the TECHREF.DOC file ? Many (if not all)
    of the WordBasic commands and functions are listed there.

    By the way, does anyone who has the Technical Reference book
    care to comment ? Is there anything in the book that's not in
    the TECHREF.DOC and WfW manual ?

    Teemu.
--
                             _________