[comp.windows.ms] Public Domain fonts for ATM -- at cica.cica...

dsampson@x102a.harris-atd.com (sampson david 58163) (01/10/91)

I uploaded three zip files to cica.cica.indiana.edu, that contain
fonts that can be used with ATM.  The guy that created them wrote a
program for the MAC that converts mac fonts to a format acceptable to
ATM.  I have a few more fonts that he's done.  I'll upload them soon.

The three files are:

arc13p.zip
blkcha.zip
sntfra.zip

There are instructions in each zip file that tell you how to install
the fonts.   I had my windows apps using a Postscript printer
connected to FILE and was able to see the new fonts in applications
like WFW and Write by:

 a) following the guy's installation instructions
 b) selecting the printer (again) while in the app.

I haven't tried to print to a file with this setup though.

This week I finally got hooked up to an Appletalk network.  Now I
can't get the fonts downloaded to my Apple Laserwrite dispite his
instructions about modifying the "softfont = " area of the win.ini
file after you've used ATM to install his fonts.  When I boot up a
windows app, I get a message saying that "Font XYZ not found on
printer" and the fonts no longer appear in the WFW fonts list.

If anyone figure out how to really get this working, plz post a "how
to".  Something is missing from the instructions in the files.

thanks

--

                                          A new world record
                                          in the javalin throw

    /                                          /
   /                                          I

David Sampson                                         Harris Corporation
dsampson@x102a.ess.harris.com                   Gov't Aerospace Systems Divison
uunet!x102a!dsampson                                  Melbourne, Florida

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (01/10/91)

In article <DSAMPSON.91Jan10102057@x102a.harris-atd.com> dsampson@x102a.harris-atd.com (sampson david 58163) writes:
>I uploaded three zip files to cica.cica.indiana.edu, that contain
>fonts that can be used with ATM.  The guy that created them wrote a
>program for the MAC that converts mac fonts to a format acceptable to
>ATM.  I have a few more fonts that he's done.  I'll upload them soon.

Almost (I do not have ATM) sounds like the answer to my question (I posted
in c.l.ps) ... If I can supply a MAC disk with the font I need ... can
you/this other person provide an ATM font? ... would it be possible to
get the MAC program?

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr