[comp.windows.ms] X Vision

patel@mwunix.mitre.org (Anup C. Patel) (01/15/91)

Has anyone used the X-windows program X Vision for Windows?  Any comments?
What hardware is required (ethernet card)?

Also, what is the name of the company and price of product.

Thanks.

ayman@zip.eecs.umich.edu (Ayman Kayssi) (01/16/91)

In article <127742@linus.mitre.org> patel@mwunix.mitre.org (Anup C. Patel) writes:
>Has anyone used the X-windows program X Vision for Windows?  Any comments?
>What hardware is required (ethernet card)?
>
>Also, what is the name of the company and price of product.
>
>Thanks.

	Here's some info about X Vision:
	System Requirements:
	1- At least 80286 PC/AT or PS/2
	2- 640k minimum -- uses LIM/EMS 3.2 or 4.0
	3- Hard Disk
	4- 1.2M or 1.44M floppy
	5- MS Windows compatible graphics
	6- 3 button mouse ideal -- can be used without one however
	7- a LAN card and networking software: X Vision is supplied with
		network communication INTERFACE programs for various TCP/IP
		net software. These include Locus, FTP PC/TCP and Excelan.
	8- MS DOS  >= 3.0 and MS Windows >= 2.0
	Company information:
	Visionware ( in the UK )
	Unipress Software( distributor in the US? )
	(800) 222 0550
	(201) 287 2100
	Price:
	I'm not sure... I think it's around $400.

--
[  Ayman Issam Kayssi                        |   Email:                      ]
[  Advanced Computer Architecture Lab.       |   ayman@caen.engin.umich.edu  ]