[comp.windows.ms] Logitech Mouse Problem

otto@tukki.jyu.fi (Otto J. Makela) (01/16/91)

In article <JUH.91Jan16151701@sauna.hut.fi> juh@cs.hut.fi (Juha Hyv|nen) writes:
   In article <19760@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt5302b@prism.gatech.EDU (R. Steve Walker) writes:
   ! My Logitech mouse (Model# CC-93-9F) does only works occassionally with
   ! Windows 3.0.  I'm set up on COM1: using the standard Windows Logitech
   ! driver.  Could this be a software bug?  Thanks.

   Try the Microsoft mouse driver instead. It might help. (Does it?)

I'd be suprised.  The Logitech and MicroS*t mice use quite different data
codings on the RS-232C link.  See your favorite reference work.
--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <otto@jyu.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 41 613 847, BBS: +358 41 211 562 (CCITT, Bell 24/12/300) */

miller@gvlv3.gvl.unisys.com (Bruce J. Miller) (01/17/91)

In article <OTTO.91Jan16162030@tukki.jyu.fi> otto@tukki.jyu.fi (Otto J. Makela) writes:
>In article <JUH.91Jan16151701@sauna.hut.fi> juh@cs.hut.fi (Juha Hyv|nen) writes:
>   In article <19760@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt5302b@prism.gatech.EDU (R. Steve Walker) writes:
>   ! My Logitech mouse (Model# CC-93-9F) does only works occassionally with
>   ! Windows 3.0.  I'm set up on COM1: using the standard Windows Logitech
>   ! driver.  Could this be a software bug?  Thanks.
>
>   Try the Microsoft mouse driver instead. It might help. (Does it?)
>
>I'd be suprised.  The Logitech and MicroS*t mice use quite different data
>codings on the RS-232C link.  See your favorite reference work.

Either I don't understand the problem, or I'm the only person without mouse
problems.  I didn't allow Windows to install a mouse driver, but kept the
standard Logitech v4.10 mouse driver I always had.  BTW, I'm running on a
10 MHZ 286 system with 2 Meg extended memory.  Am I missing something?

           Signature Under Construction
           This Message Legally Closed!
	      Reply At Your Own Risk
 to: miller@gvlv3.gvl.unisys.com (Bruce J. Miller)

whkr@ciba-geigy.ch (Hans Kraft) (01/17/91)

When I got windows 3.0, I had the Logitech mouse driver installed in
config.sys - and windows would not start (stop after the logo). Some
tests showed, that windows would run intalling the mouse driver as
mouse.com in autoexec.bat. But then the Programmers WorkBench got
into nirwana. So I loaded the newest mouse driver from usoft - and
everything looked good - apart of dos windows under windows :-),
especially the pure command.com in a window claimed to be a high
resolution appplication. Now I got the newest Logitech driver and
everything works as expected. Now the question is: did I do something
wrong with the usoft mouse driver? It was startet with no special
parameters.

ThankYou for listening to

Hans Kraft (Giovanni Forza)

john@DRD.Com (John Horeth) (01/18/91)

The problem may stem from the fact the Logitech puts out at least two types
of serial mice.  One with three buttons (LMOUSES.DRV needed) and one with
two buttons (MOUSES.DRV ? microsoft needed).  I found this little curious fact
out when I installed Windows on two different systems with two different
Logitech mice.

john@DRD.com             | John M. Horeth, II
{uunet,rutgers}!drd!john | Horeth Programming Services, Inc. - (918)622-9232

igvj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Naresh Kannan) (01/20/91)

In article <19760@hydra.gatech.EDU>,
gt5302b@prism.gatech.EDU (R. Steve Walker) writes:
> This has probably been asked (and solved) before:
>
> My Logitech mouse (Model# CC-93-9F) does only works occassionally with
> Windows 3.0.  I'm set up on COM1: using the standard Windows Logitech
> driver.  Could this be a software bug?  Thanks.

    My mouse used to be on drugs when only the lmouse.drv was installed (either
the one in the windows package or the newest one from Logitech) but once I
included MOUSE.COM in my autoexec (while I also installed lmouse.drv in
windows), the mouse was rehabilitated.
    So far many of the remedies have only worked on specific machines, so good
luck rehabilitating your mouse.

           Naresh K. Kannan (IGVJ@VAX5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU)