[comp.windows.ms] Win3 printer driver for Canon BJ-130e?

slemons@contract3.EBay.Sun.COM (Steve Lemons) (01/25/91)

In article <1991Jan13.194255.15221@portia.Stanford.EDU>, tchuang@portia.Stanford.EDU (Thomas Chuang) writes:
>Does anyone know if a Windows 3 printer driver for the
>Canon BJ-130e exists (preferably 360 dpi resolution)?
>
>I just recently bought a Canon BJ-10e printer which
>emulates either the IBM Proprinter or the Canon BJ-130e.
>Unfortunately, this printer does not work properly in
>IBM Proprinter emulation mode when the resolution is set
>to 360x180 dpi.

Canon runs a BBS, from which drivers for Canon printers may be downloaded.

   Canon BBS   (516) 488-6528

After downloading the Windows 3.0 driver for the BJ10e, and my printer is
now producing excellent print quality, using the full 360x360 resolution
that it is capable of.

I admire Canon's choice of the Proprinter as the printer that the BJ10e will
emulate (although I suspect that it was chosen for OS/2 reasons). But no one
should settle for the output obtained by using the Win3 Proprinter driver.
If you own the BJ10e or the BJ130e, you definately want to get the specific
printer driver.

Supposedly, the Additional Drivers package for Win3 (that Microsoft would
like to sell you for $20) contains these drivers. But if you have a modem,
you can get them from Canon for the price of a phone call.

Steven Lemons