[comp.windows.ms] Problem converting CorelDraw fonts to ATM

alan@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Alan Phillips) (01/25/91)

Has anyone tried exporting CorelDraw 2 WFN fonts to Adobe Type 1 format and
getting them into ATM properly? I find that I can install exactly _one_
CorelDraw font into ATM and have it work in W4W.  If I install more than one,
the ATM font install says everything is OK, but W4W falls apart using _every_
font other than the first-installed of the CorelDraw fonts.

Converting the fonts from ATM to WFN works OK (but all the bold, italic and
bold-italic come out the same as the normal typeface).

What am I doing wrong? Or do the Adobe font files that WFNBOSS generates
have something missing or incorrect?

jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu (Generic User) (01/28/91)

In article <1168@dcl-vitus.comp.lancs.ac.uk> alan@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Alan Phillips) writes:
>Has anyone tried exporting CorelDraw 2 WFN fonts to Adobe Type 1 format and
>getting them into ATM properly? I find that I can install exactly _one_
>CorelDraw font into ATM and have it work in W4W.  If I install more than one,
>the ATM font install says everything is OK, but W4W falls apart using _every_
>font other than the first-installed of the CorelDraw fonts.

The problem is not with installation, but rather on the conversion end.
For some reason, if you try to convert more than one font from WFN to PFB
all fonts after the first come out confused and don't work.

>Converting the fonts from ATM to WFN works OK (but all the bold, italic and
>bold-italic come out the same as the normal typeface).

What do you mean?  I have never had any trouble going from PFB to WFN.  You
just have to change the filename WFNBOSS chooses to put all four fonts in
the same file.  Sometimes WFNBOSS chooses the wrong weight, and you need to
select it manually, but this is very straightforward.

>What am I doing wrong? Or do the Adobe font files that WFNBOSS generates
>have something missing or incorrect?

WFNBOSS is, for the time being, screwed.  At least the version we have here
is.

--
Jason Merrill					jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu