[comp.windows.ms] Mailserv Access to cica... ?

JIM@auvm.auvm.edu (Jim McIntosh) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan28.162851.26130@SanDiego.NCR.COM>,
sandin@prancer.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Richard Sandin) says:

>For those of us who do not have ftp capabilities, is there a mail server that
>provides access to cica.cica.indiana.edu?  Thanks in advance...

Yes, send  mail to  BITFTP@PUCC (on BitNet)  or bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu
(on InterNet) with one line: HELP. If you want to jump right into it, you
can send a message such as:

     FTP cica.cica.indiana.edu UUENCODE
     USER anonymous
     CD /pub/pc/win3
     GET INDEX
     CD /pub/pc/win3/fonts
     DIR
     QUIT

(If you're on BitNet or JANET, replace UUENCODE with NETDATA.)
---
Jim McIntosh (jim@auvm.auvm.edu)
The American University
Washington DC 20016-8019 USA

mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) (01/30/91)

In <1991Jan28.162851.26130@SanDiego.NCR.COM>
sandin@prancer.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Richard Sandin) writes:

  For those of us who do not have ftp capabilities, is there a mail
  server that provides access to cica.cica.indiana.edu?  Thanks in
  advance...

While cica does not maintain a mail server of its own, some have
tried, I believe successfully, with using BITFTP file server from Penn
State (PSUVAX?).  Perhaps those familiar could shed more light on
this.

--
michael regoli
mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu