[comp.windows.ms] [Previous] paragraph in File Manager ?

cie590l@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Hadgraft) (01/29/91)

File Manager keeps a list of previous directories in a [Previous] paragraph.
Does anyone know what it uses this for? (I thought it might be possible to
retrieve a previous ession's setup, but can't find an option for this.)
  |  Roger Hadgraft                 +----------------------------------+
  |  Senior Lecturer                |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au   |
  |  Dept of Civil Engineering      |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983          |
  |  Monash University              |  fax:    +61 3 565 4944 or 3409  |
  |  Clayton, Vic. 3168. Australia. +----------------------------------+

mccashin@unixg.ubc.ca (Brian McCashin) (01/30/91)

This entry records the previous network drive connections used by
file manager. It is activated by the previous button in "connect net drive"
disk menu item.
--
 Brian McCashin                            Internet: mccashin@unixg.ubc.ca
 Senior Programmer/Analyst                 Bitnet: USERJAZZ@UBCMTSG

miked@banyan.UUCP (Mike Deem@Eng@Banyan) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan29.093911.86230@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> cie590l@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Hadgraft) writes:

>File Manager keeps a list of previous directories in a [Previous] paragraph.
>Does anyone know what it uses this for? (I thought it might be possible to
>retrieve a previous ession's setup, but can't find an option for this.)

If you have a network driver installed, File Manager enables the "Disk\Connect
Net Drive..." and "Disk\Disconnect Net Drive..." menu items. When you use
"Disk\Connect Net Drive..." you get a dialog prompting you for what drive to
connect and what network file service to connect to.

This dialog also has a "Add to Previous List" check box and a "Previous..."
button. These work in conjuction to provide the ability so save connections for
use in future sessions. This list is kept in the [previous] section in your
WINFILE.INI file.