[comp.windows.ms] Trident TVGA

aaron@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Aaron Wallace) (01/30/91)

Hi!

This is a repost of types...  I recently got a TVGA Trident-based VGA card.
It has drivers for 640x480x256, 800x600x16, 1Kx768x16, and 1kx768x256.
Missing, but mentioned in a commented-out line in the SETUP.INF file, is
an 800x600x256 driver.  Does anyone know where I could get such beast???
Also, with my VGA card I got 3 disks.  The first two are documented and
have drivers for various programs.  The third is not mentioned anywhere,
but seems to have Windows 3.0 drivers on it.  Does anyone know what these
files are?

Aaron Wallace

waynet@wiffle.techbook.com (Wayne Tilton) (02/01/91)

aaron@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Aaron Wallace) writes:

> Hi!
>
> This is a repost of types...  I recently got a TVGA Trident-based VGA card.
> It has drivers for 640x480x256, 800x600x16, 1Kx768x16, and 1kx768x256.
> Missing, but mentioned in a commented-out line in the SETUP.INF file, is
> an 800x600x256 driver.  Does anyone know where I could get such beast???
> Also, with my VGA card I got 3 disks.  The first two are documented and
> have drivers for various programs.  The third is not mentioned anywhere,
> but seems to have Windows 3.0 drivers on it.  Does anyone know what these
> files are?
>
> Aaron Wallace

The 800x600x256 driver, as well as a large font 1024x768 drivers are
available on CompuServe in the MSOPSYS forum as well as directly from
the Trident BBS in Sunnyvale at 408-736-5483, 2400-8-n-1.  You might
wait to wait a month or so before getting them 'cause news on thier
BBS indicates they will have FASTER versions available in March.  The
current ones are better than most 256 color drivers but are by no means
speed demons!  The 800x600x256 color driver ONLY works with boards with
1MB on board memory.