[comp.windows.ms] Starting windoes w/o logo screen

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (02/02/91)

In article <3952@orbit.cts.com> reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) writes:
>reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) writes:
>>goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) writes:
>>>To start windows without the opening Microsoft logo screen, simply type
>>>win :

>Hmm. Not to clog up the net too badly, but I should amend that statement: I
>have used the WIN : option five times. Three times Windows appeared without an
>opening screen; twice I was thrown into a loop.
>
>Use your own judgement.

I use this feature all the time, and it never failed!  I have a batch file
that runs Windows with:

win %1 :

or maybe it's win : %1.  Either way, it works fine, and it even accepts the
parameter one of the two ways (not the other way).