[comp.windows.ms] UMM.....

reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) (02/01/91)

reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) writes:
>goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) writes:
>>To start windows without the opening Microsoft logo screen, simply type
>>win :
>>
>>--
>>Bob Goodearl -- goodearl@world.std.com
>
>Yow! That certainly will not do the trick; all it will do is throw your
>command prompt into a loop.
>
>--KR
>
>UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!reichard
>ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!reichard@nosc.mil
>INET: reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org

Hmm. Not to clog up the net too badly, but I should amend that statement: I
have used the WIN : option five times. Three times Windows appeared without an
opening screen; twice I was thrown into a loop.

Use your own judgement.

krg2@po.CWRU.Edu (Kevin R. Glazier) (02/02/91)

In a previous article, reichard@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kevin Reichard) says:

>Hmm. Not to clog up the net too badly, but I should amend that statement: I
>have used the WIN : option five times. Three times Windows appeared without an
>opening screen; twice I was thrown into a loop.
>
>Use your own judgement.
>
>--KR

   I always start Windows with win : and it always works for me.

         (Just my $.02 :-)

--
Kevin R. Glazier |     Michelson 540       | "War is our profession,
    C/4th/C      |  (The Officer's Club)   |  but peace is our goal..."