[comp.windows.ms] How Large can a .BMP file be?

mizener@demon.siemens.com (Jeff Mizener) (01/26/91)

Howdy--

I'd like to have one large peice of wallpaper that covers the whole
background with the exception of a space at the bottom for Icons.

Any Idea how big a piece of wallpaper can be?  How big can one make
a paintbrush file (.bmp) in inches??

Please reply to me at jm@sead.siemens.com rather than the return address
on this article, and don't post, I'll summarize, OK?

Thanks.

Jeff Mizener
Siemens Energy and Automation, Raleigh, NC
Intelligent SwitchGear Systems

Ingvar.Strand@ext.luth.se (Ingvar Strand) (02/03/91)

In article <51.27A94CEE@sunbrk.FIDONET.ORG> Sue.Coleman@sunbrk.FIDONET.ORG (Sue Coleman) writes:
>Jeff, I have a .bmp at home that is 640x400 that leaves just enough space in
>the bottom for icons.
>
>I can use WinGif to size my gifs, bmps, whatever I want to use.
>
>Mileage may vary.
>
><grin>

Well, I have one that is 1500x1500x256 and that works just fine.

/Ingvar