[comp.windows.ms] Posting video drivers...

aaron@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Aaron Wallace) (02/03/91)

I recently downloaded the beta trident drivers from their BBS.  Does anyone
have any comment on the legality of my re-posting them on cica.  They were
on a BBS that was open to the public, and the .ZIP file has little to say
in terms of distribution, other than "these are *not* production" drivers,
let us know of any problems, etc...

If anyone has dealt with Trident in the past and knows their policy, I'd like
to know before posting them...

Aaron Wallace

yenl@ics.uci.edu (Yen Te Robert Lee) (02/04/91)

In article <1991Feb3.024511.6743@portia.Stanford.EDU> aaron@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Aaron Wallace) writes:
>I recently downloaded the beta trident drivers from their BBS.  Does anyone
>have any comment on the legality of my re-posting them on cica.  They were
>on a BBS that was open to the public, and the .ZIP file has little to say
>in terms of distribution, other than "these are *not* production" drivers,
>let us know of any problems, etc...

If the dates on those beta Trident drivers are < Sep 1990 or Oct 1990, they
may already exist at cica.

Robert Lee        -- ICS --       |
University of California, Irvine  |
Internet: yenl@ics.uci.edu        |