[comp.windows.ms] 16550's in Windows 3

lemon@qut.edu.au (02/06/91)

hello,

      Can anyone tell me if it is possiable to use a 16550A Serial I/O UART
with windows in enh mode and if so how???.  I am running a BBS under windows
and would like to use the 16550 FIFO buffers for high speed transfer's.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
John Lemon                           _--_|\  INTERNET:
Faculty of Information Technology   /      \ lemon@qut.edu.au
Queensland University of Technology \_.--._/ lemon@snow.fit.qut.edu.au
Queensland, Australia                     v
                                             BBS:
                                             Ph +61-7-3721268

altman@sbstaff2.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Feb5.123928.23413@qut.edu.au> lemon@qut.edu.au writes:
>hello,
>
>      Can anyone tell me if it is possiable to use a 16550A Serial I/O UART
>with windows in enh mode and if so how???.  I am running a BBS under windows
>and would like to use the 16550 FIFO buffers for high speed transfer's.

Hayes is currently marketing a enhanced serial board they call ESP.
They have OS/2 drivers for the board, and are working on Wind 3 drivers.

The board is 16550 with DMA.
--
- Jeff (jaltman@ccmail.sunysb.edu)