[comp.windows.ms] Problems with Logitech mouse

rowhi@niksula.hut.fi (Aapo Kaarlo Johannes Rautiainen) (01/30/91)

I am having great troubles with Logitech pilot mouse.Mouse is
connected to COM2.When I try to run Windows 3 there is a mouse
pointer but it doesn't work,I mean that the mouse pointer doesn't
move.My computer is 386 and I have a modem connected to COM1.
I am using Logitech serial mouse driver.There is nothing wrong
with the mouse because it works fine with other programs such as
Turbo C++ and WP5.1.So if you have any ideas about my problem
please reply because I am getting desperate.

 Thanks

           Aapo Rautiainen
           rowhi@niksula.hut.fi

neves@virga.ucar.edu (Michelle Neves) (01/31/91)

In article <ROWHI.91Jan30133457@hulk.hut.fi> rowhi@niksula.hut.fi (Aapo Kaarlo Johannes Rautiainen) writes:
>I am having great troubles with Logitech pilot mouse.Mouse is
>connected to COM2.When I try to run Windows 3 there is a mouse
>pointer but it doesn't work,I mean that the mouse pointer doesn't
>move.My computer is 386 and I have a modem connected to COM1.

We have the same setup and we could not get a Logitech serial mouse to
work until we used the Logitech driver in the CONFIG.SYS (i.e.
DEVICE=MOUSE.SYS /2).  Also, check to make sure that the COM ports
are set up correctly; for example, if you have a serial/parallel card
with two COM ports, disable COM1 and setup your modem as COM1:.

I hope this helps!
Michelle Neves

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (01/31/91)

In article <ROWHI.91Jan30133457@hulk.hut.fi> rowhi@niksula.hut.fi (Aapo Kaarlo Johannes Rautiainen) writes:
<I am having great troubles with Logitech pilot mouse.Mouse is
<connected to COM2.When I try to run Windows 3 there is a mouse
<pointer but it doesn't work,I mean that the mouse pointer doesn't
<move.My computer is 386 and I have a modem connected to COM1.
<I am using Logitech serial mouse driver.There is nothing wrong
<with the mouse because it works fine with other programs such as
<Turbo C++ and WP5.1.So if you have any ideas about my problem
<please reply because I am getting desperate.

I have a logitech mouse & windows.. works great.

Ya have ta put the mouse into MicrosoftMouse mode before entering
windows.. that is the default state after power-on, anyway.  If you
have the CLICK thingie installed, edit CLICK.SRC and add/modify
an entry for WIN to use MM mode (see your logitech docs for more info).
--
 ___Mark S. Lord__________________________________________
| ..uunet!bnrgate!mlord%bmerh724 | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |

wjhauber@iastate.edu (Hauber Wayne) (02/06/91)

I have a Logitech mouse and had lots of trouble using it with Windows when I
installed Windows last summer.  We upgraded to version 4.10 of the Logitech
driver back then and haven't had any trouble since.
--
Wayne Hauber                             | (515) 294-9890
Programming Consultant/BITNET Inforep    | ga.wjh@isumvs.bitnet

liggio@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vincent J. Liggio) (02/06/91)

In article <1352@aut.autelca.ascom.ch> nbladt@aut.autelca.ascom.ch (Norbert Bladt) writes:
>mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) writes:
>Fine !
>BUUUUUTTTTTT:
>Ever used software outside of windows which uses the mouse, e.g.
>PC shell ???
>After using that, the mouse is set to Logitech mode. Try using
>Windows 3.0 after that !!!
>(You can make it work again by resetting the mouse - power on. For that
>you have to unplug the mouse and plug it in again :-)  (Just a
>warm reboot won't work, because the mouse is not re-set.) I have
>done that plug-out plug-in game for over six month for OS/2 ! Is there an
>OS/2 mouse driver, yet or will they wait several YEARS for writing a driver
>for that as they waited almost several years for a driver which supports
>standard VGA ?)

Two solutions for that:

Either install the mouse.com driver in your autoexec.bat file that seems to
take care of the DOS access problem.  I had the same problem whe I was
using the old windows lmouse.drv.

Or: Get the v5.00 software disk from Logitech, which includes a special
Logitech windows driver.  Then you won't have the above problem.

Vince