[comp.windows.ms] X11 for Windows

jmuilu@ujocs.joensuu.fi (Juha Muilu) (01/24/91)

   I like to get X11 for windows.  Any  recommendations?

--

Juha Muilu
Department of Chemistry

chris@vision.uucp (Chris Davies) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan23.173749.3447@ujocs.joensuu.fi> jmuilu@ujocs.joensuu.fi
(Juha Muilu) writes:
>   I like to get X11 for windows.  Any  recommendations?

Do you mean an X11 display server?  We sell such a product (email me or
vware@vision.uucp / vware@vision.vware.mn.org / fax / phone / write for
details).  It runs under MS-Windows 3 and it's called XVision.

Chris
--
VISIONWARE LTD         | UK: chris@vision.uucp    JANET: chris%vision.uucp@ukc
57 Cardigan Lane       | US: chris@vware.mn.org   BANGNET: ...!ukc!vision!chris

emuleomo@paul.rutgers.edu (Emuleomo) (02/05/91)

Does this X vision use PC/TCP or TCP/IP? My company is looking for
a product that will allow us to communicate via sockets between a
Windows application and a UNIX application!
Any ideas?

ThanX
E-mail will be appreciated!

--Emuleomo O.O. (emuleomo@yes.rutgers.edu)
--
Remember! It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win!

simon@vision.uucp (Simon Taylor) (02/07/91)

In article <Feb.5.03.17.05.1991.19236@paul.rutgers.edu> emuleomo@paul.rutgers.edu (Emuleomo) writes:

>Does this X vision use PC/TCP or TCP/IP? My company is looking for
>a product that will allow us to communicate via sockets between a
>Windows application and a UNIX application!
>Any ideas?

	XVision will run over FTP PC/TCP, Locus TCP/IP, Sun PC-NFS,
	Ungermann-Bass NET/ONE TCP-PC, Wollongong WIN/TCP, Beame &
	Whiteside TCP/IP, Excelan The Lan WorkPlace and HP Lan Manager
	(ARPA Services for DOS).

	Simon

Simon Taylor
Support Manager
VisionWare Ltd                  UUCP    : simon@vision.uucp
57 Cardigan Lane                BANGNET : ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!vision!simon
Leeds                           PHONE   : +44 532 788858 Ext. 228
LS4 2LE                         FAX     : +44 532 304676
England
---------------- VisionWare: The Home Of DOS-UNIX Integration -----------------