[comp.windows.ms] ZIP manager for Windows

barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) (02/08/91)

I am looking for a simple Windows utility to list the contents
of ZIP files; extract selected files; and optionally compress
files.

It would be nice if the utility allowed me to File - Open a
ZIP file, then display the contents in a child-window (multiple
document support). It would be nice if I could then Shift/Ctrl -
click on listed files and select File - Extract. Providing
an Options/Preferences menu (e.g. default destination directory,
confirmation options, etc.) would be really nice. Herein one might
find the tradition -switches.

A File - Print
option would be reasonable to expect, if it used the Print Manager
(i.e. redirect print to a file, etc.)

Given all of the shareware ZIP files for Windows I suspect such
a beasty exists, it simply hasn't jumped out at me while browsing
through cica.cica.indiana.edu et al.

thanks in advance!

barry

| Barry B. Floyd                   \\\       barry_floyd@mts.rpi.edu |
| Manager Information Systems         \\\         usere9w9w@rpitsmts |
+-Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute--------------------troy, ny 12180-+

mccashin@unixg.ubc.ca (Brian McCashin) (02/08/91)

In article <%+&&^|%@rpi.edu> barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) writes:
>I am looking for a simple Windows utility to list the contents
>of ZIP files; extract selected files; and optionally compress
>files.
>Given all of the shareware ZIP files for Windows I suspect such
>a beasty exists, it simply hasn't jumped out at me while browsing
>through cica.cica.indiana.edu et al.

Try /win3/util/zm301.zip on cica

--
 Brian McCashin                            Internet: mccashin@unixg.ubc.ca
 Senior Programmer/Analyst                 Bitnet: USERJAZZ@UBCMTSG

cnolan@mee.tcd.ie (02/09/91)

In article <%+&&^|%@rpi.edu>, barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) writes:
> I am looking for a simple Windows utility to list the contents
> of ZIP files; extract selected files; and optionally compress
> files.

> thanks in advance!
>
> barry

Try zm301.zip in pub/pc/win3/util at cica.cica.indiana.edu.  It would appear