[comp.windows.ms] Putting bmp on desktop

mjarvis@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Mike Jarvis) (02/11/91)

Why is windows chopping the .bmp files when I use them as wallpaper for the
desktop and how do I correct it?  For most files I get the bottom half of the
picture on the top and the top half on the bottom.  Sometimes it divides the
picture into three sections and mixes them up.

My system is a PS/2 model 50Z  (286, 10mhz, vga, 1meg)

Mike

nef@mace.cc.purdue.edu (paulhicks) (02/12/91)

In article <27b5c99b.25fc@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> mjarvis@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Mike Jarvis) writes:

>Why is windows chopping the .bmp files when I use them as wallpaper for the
>desktop and how do I correct it?  For most files I get the bottom half of the
>picture on the top and the top half on the bottom.  Sometimes it divides the
>picture into three sections and mixes them up.
>
>My system is a PS/2 model 50Z  (286, 10mhz, vga, 1meg)
>
>Mike

Mike, I had this problem with a Zenith 286.  What you might try
doing is to re-start windows from scratch after you have
changed the bmp file in  the desktop.  I'm not sure why
this happens, but it might be somehing to do with your
only having 1Meg.  I'd be interested to hear if this works
and if any guru's know why :-)

Paul

PS.  Please let me know if this is being recieved outside
     of Purdue, lately my posts have gone un-answered of
     just have not appeared. :-(