[net.followup] Trivial Persuits Trivia

kurt@fluke.UUCP (Kurt Guntheroth) (05/03/85)

1.  Genus II is NOT banned in the US.  It simply arrived in Canada first
because the actual manufacturer (Horn and Abbot) is a Canadian company.
Selchow and Righter (sp) has US rights to the game.  You can probably obtain
Genus II anywhere now.  Locally the market is glutted.

2.  The US version of BABY BOOMERS does not contain the question "How many
months pregnant was Nancy when she became Mrs Ronald Reagan?"  The answer,
by the way is 2 1/2.  The Canadian version has this question (I know for
sure because my version of Baby Boomers is Canadian -- I picked it un in
Montreal when I was at SIGPLAN last year because it was unobtainable in the
US at that time.)

3.  The US version of the Sports Edition is quite different from the
Canadian version.  Seems the Canadian version is full of Hockey questions
that would be meaningless to the majority of US players.

4.  The US version of Genus II also has different history questions, since
the Canadian version concentrates on Canadian history.

5.  The makers of Trivial Persuits are currently being sued by the author of
a trivia book.  Seems some of the incorrect questions in the TP game bear a
striking resemblence to some purposely-incorrect trivia inserted into the
trivia book.  I do not know the status of the litigation.  See
net.rec.trivia for discussion of the correctness of trivia.

Isn't it strange that Mr Reagan, the very soul of propriety, has been
married twice, and got his wife pregnant out of wedlock?  Who do you
suppose he's trying to convince anyway?
--
Kurt Guntheroth
John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.

dave@circadia.UUCP (David Messer) (05/07/85)

> Isn't it strange that Mr Reagan, the very soul of propriety, has been
> married twice, and got his wife pregnant out of wedlock?  Who do you
> suppose he's trying to convince anyway?
> --
> Kurt Guntheroth

Thats pretty tame for an actor... :-)

More seriously:  I don't think that I would trust a President who
had never made a mistake.  People learn from their mistakes.  In
any event, I don't think that Mr. Reagan is trying to convience
anyone that he didn't make these errors.
--

Dave Messer   ...ihnp4!stolaf!umn-cs!circadia!dave

wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) (05/08/85)

Here's a meta-trivia question: Why is the Trivial Pursuit version
named "Genus II" instead of "Genius II"?

Was it misspelled on the original packaging and the company decided
to maintain the misspelling for some reason, or was it never intended
to refer to "genius"?

Will Martin

USENET: seismo!brl-bmd!wmartin     or   ARPA/MILNET: wmartin@almsa-1.ARPA

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (05/10/85)

In article <10513@brl-tgr.ARPA> wmartin@brl-bmd.UUCP writes:
>Here's a meta-trivia question: Why is the Trivial Pursuit version
>named "Genus II" instead of "Genius II"?
>
>Was it misspelled on the original packaging and the company decided
>to maintain the misspelling for some reason, or was it never intended
>to refer to "genius"?
>
>Will Martin
>
>USENET: seismo!brl-bmd!wmartin     or   ARPA/MILNET: wmartin@almsa-1.ARPA

the original version was the Genus edition.  of course this really
doesn't answer your question, but just thought you'd like to know.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....