[comp.windows.ms] Wanted: Windows 3.0

jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu (02/13/91)

I am looking to buy Windows 3.0 from somebody.  The package
doesn't have to be in shrinkwrap, but it does have to be
unregistered.

Anybody out there have Windows they would like to sell?  Please
write me ASAP with your asking price.

Thanks

Jason
jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu

dana@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Dan Aksel) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb12.141421.3050@coral.bucknell.edu> jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu writes:

>I am looking to buy Windows 3.0 from somebody.  The package
>doesn't have to be in shrinkwrap, but it does have to be
>unregistered.

Microsoft will permit you to sell your software, even if registered.  The seller
must furnish ALL disks and documentation and include a letter to the buyer
stating he is no longer in posession of ANY of the merchandise.  The buyer then
sends this letter after he signs it to indicate has has recieved ALL the disks,
manuals, etc. to Microsoft at the address inside the manual cover.  This
procedure is also documented on the license agreement.

When I bought my PC used, it came with Windows 3.0 on it.  I did my license
transfer over the telephone ... so they aren't that strict.
------
Dan Aksel