[comp.windows.ms] TeX DVI files previewer for Windows 3.00?

umeca52@cc.ic.ac.uk (Lucas Zullo. Rm209 Ext 4402) (02/14/91)

Hi everybody,
I have two questions which may be interesting for every
TeXnically minded person:

1) Is there a DVI previewer for Windows 3.00? I heard rumors
that similar program is available either PD or shareware in the
States. Does anybody knows more about it?

2) Is there a full screen editor for Windows 3.00? I mean something
useful to load files of reasonable size, unlike Notepad.

Thank you.
                                               Luca Zullo
                                      IRC Process System Engineering
                                      Dept. of Chem. Eng.
                                      Imperial College
                                      London SW7 (UK)
                                      +39-71-589 5111 ext 4321
                                      umeca47@sunfs1.ps.ic.ac.uk

rmich@Lise.Unit.NO (Rolf Michelsen) (02/16/91)

Lucas Zullo writes:

> 1) Is there a DVI previewer for Windows 3.00? I heard rumors
> that similar program is available either PD or shareware in the
> States. Does anybody knows more about it?

Such a program can be FTPed from Simtel (26.2.0.74). Get the file names
"pd1:<msdos.tex>dvimswin.arc". You will find a suitable collection of fonts
in the files "dvivga[1-9].arc" in the same directory. The program is
public domain. I have just tried it, and it seems to work fine. Will probably
be very slow on anything less than a 386.

    ___________________
   /                   |
  / Snail-Mail:        |
 /   Rolf Michelsen    |
/    Studpost 130      |
\    7034 Trondheim-NTH|
 \  E-Mail:            |
  \  rmich@lise.unit.no|
   \___________________|

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb16.103639.27532@ugle.unit.no> rmich@Lise.Unit.NO (Rolf Michelsen) writes:

>Lucas Zullo writes:
>
>> 1) Is there a DVI previewer for Windows 3.00? I heard rumors
>> that similar program is available either PD or shareware in the
>> States. Does anybody knows more about it?
>
>Such a program can be FTPed from Simtel (26.2.0.74). Get the file names
>"pd1:<msdos.tex>dvimswin.arc". You will find a suitable collection of fonts
>in the files "dvivga[1-9].arc" in the same directory. The program is
>public domain. I have just tried it, and it seems to work fine. Will probably
>be very slow on anything less than a 386.

The latest version of this program is version 2.3, and is available
as a .exe file from c.scs.uiuc.edu. New features: will use fonts in the
118 d.p.i. series, and will use fonts with 256 characters. Also,
uses fonts at 75, 90, 105, 135, and 180 d.p.i.

This is just a new .exe file, you need to get all the rest too. IF no
bugs are found this will replace the old one (v 2.2).

Doug McDonald