[comp.windows.ms] PC Mag's Windows 3.0 issue

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (02/13/91)

the lastest issue of PC Mag devotes quite a few pages on Windows 3.0, there're
a few good trips. You may want want to check it out even if you don't plan to
buy it.

pfulghum@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (Pat Fulghum) (02/15/91)

> the lastest issue of PC Mag devotes quite a few pages on Windows 3.0, there're
> a few good trips. You may want want to check it out even if you don't plan to
> buy it.

A few good trips (???)......  Any good trips to Hawaii???

Just being funny.

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (02/18/91)

!> the lastest issue of PC Mag devotes quite a few pages on Windows 3.0,
!>there're a few good trips. You may want want to check it out even if you
!>don't plan to buy it.
!
!A few good trips (???)......  Any good trips to Hawaii???

a few good trips into the unbearable slowness of Windowing.

aaron@jessica.stanford.edu (Aaron Wallace) (02/19/91)

In article <4bjslS200XYKE72Q5U@andrew.cmu.edu> hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) writes:
>!> the lastest issue of PC Mag devotes quite a few pages on Windows 3.0,
>!>there're a few good trips. You may want want to check it out even if you
>!>don't plan to buy it.
>!
>!A few good trips (???)......  Any good trips to Hawaii???
>
>a few good trips into the unbearable slowness of Windowing.

Am I missing something?  I run Windows 3.0 on a 12 MHz 286 with 2 meg of memory
and a Herc; unbearable slowness is not at all the first thing that comes to
mind.  Okay, waiting for ATM to go through 50 fonts on a 65 ms hard disk is
a bit of a delay, but that's not Windows.  My theory is that those who have
"unbearably slow" Windows machines haven't set them up correctly--wrong
kind of memory, not enough, no cacheing, etc...

Aaron Wallace