[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0a: what ATM bugs does it fix?

larry@palan.uucp (Larry Strickland) (02/18/91)

Several people have mentioned here that Windows 3.0a fixes some bugs with
networks.  That's fine, but it didn't bother me 'cause I'm not on a network.
However, the other day someone said it also fixed some problems with ATM.

I've had problems printing some PD fonts (from cica) using ATM and wonder if
this might be the reason.  Before I go into a long conversation with Microsoft,
does anyone know _what_ ATM problems are fixed with 3.0a?

Thanks,
-larry

liggio@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vincent J. Liggio) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb18.032933.3044@palan.uucp> larry@palan.uucp (Larry Strickland) writes:
>Several people have mentioned here that Windows 3.0a fixes some bugs with
>networks.  That's fine, but it didn't bother me 'cause I'm not on a network.
>However, the other day someone said it also fixed some problems with ATM.
>
>I've had problems printing some PD fonts (from cica) using ATM and wonder if
>this might be the reason.  Before I go into a long conversation with Microsoft,
>does anyone know _what_ ATM problems are fixed with 3.0a?

Are these the fonts like blippo, etc from cica?  I had problems with them
too, but only one of them refused to print (eurostyle, I think).  I had to
jack my atm font cache to 5 mb to get them all to display.  It seems that
atm's cache fills up with the fonts, and then refuses to display anymore
new ones.  Is this an ATM problem or is it the 3.00 release (which I am
using)?

Vince