[comp.windows.ms] Opening screen revisited

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (02/21/91)

So near, yet so far.  I now have an RLE4 format picture suitable for
the opening screen, but no luck getting it to work.

What I'm using:
                COPY WIN.CNF/B + STRT.RLE/B WIN.COM
What I'm getting:  nothing.  Goes right to Program Manager.

I've also tried adding in the Microsoft EGALOGO.RLE before the start screen,
with no picture.

Any more suggestions?  Thanx...

Eric

.
. What I'm using:
.                 COPY WIN.CNF/B + STRT.RLE/B WIN.COM
. What I'm getting:  nothing.  Goes right to Program Manager.

> I've also tried adding in the Microsoft EGALOGO.RLE before the start screen,
> with no picture.

To answer my own question, the EGALOGO.LGO file is included, not the
EGALOGO.RLE file.  So, the correct command to do it is:

COPY WIN.CNF/B + EGALOGO.LGO/B + start.RLE/B WIN.COM

Eric
--
Eric Sheppard      Georgia Tech    |   "Of course the US Constitution isn't
Atlanta, GA                        | perfect; but it's a lot better than what

altman@sbpmt.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (02/22/91)

In article <22472@hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:
>So near, yet so far.  I now have an RLE4 format picture suitable for
>the opening screen, but no luck getting it to work.
>
>What I'm using:
>                COPY WIN.CNF/B + STRT.RLE/B WIN.COM

You must use:
    COPY WIN.CNF/B + [CEV]GALOGO.LGO/B + STRT.RLE/B WIN.COM

Also the entire file must be smaller than 64k, since it is
a COM file afterall.

--
- Jeff (jaltman@ccmail.sunysb.edu)