[comp.windows.ms] ATI VGA WONDER with 512k

waldbaub@cs.rpi.edu (Barry D. Waldbaum) (02/16/91)

Does anyone have a driver for this card that can do 640x480x256 colors.
If you do can you please send me a message (e-mail) telling me where to get it
or uuencode it to me.
thanks in advance.
-Barry
bdw@rpi.edu

keepingpa@watt.ccs.tuns.ca (02/17/91)

In article <VY|&C-$@rpi.edu>, waldbaub@cs.rpi.edu (Barry D. Waldbaum) writes:
> Does anyone have a driver for this card that can do 640x480x256 colors.
> If you do can you please send me a message (e-mail) telling me where to get it
> or uuencode it to me.
> thanks in advance.
> -Barry
> bdw@rpi.edu

As of two months ago ATI had the following drivers on their BBS:
640x480 256 color
800x600 16  color
1024x768 16 color

I know this because I have an ATI with 512K and the drivers work wonderfully

The BBS number is (416) 756-4591 (US)

Paul

wmah@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Wayne Mah) (02/22/91)

waldbaub@cs.rpi.edu (Barry D. Waldbaum) writes:

> Does anyone have a driver for this card that can do 640x480x256 colors.
> If you do can you please send me a message (e-mail) telling me where to get i
> or uuencode it to me.
> thanks in advance.
> -Barry
> bdw@rpi.edu

drivers in a zip file called win3256.zip.  The phone number is
in their manual (sorry, I don't have their number with me at home).
The 640 x 400 256 color drivers are available through the
technical support line and must be mailed to you.  I haven't
tried the driver yet (I just got it today).