[comp.windows.ms] Title Screen in Windows 3.0

sdf@abcom.ATT.COM (6362 ) (02/12/91)

I am using Windows 3.0 in a 386 machine with a VGA monitor.  Is there
a way to keep the Windows title screen from appearing every time
I start Windows?  Thanks in advance.

Steve Fried.

--
*** "It is morally wrong to allow naive end-users to keep their money." ***
***             Stephen D. Fried,  AT&T,  Newark, New Jersey            ***

c164-ea@hamlet.uucp (Eric) (02/23/91)

In article <2281@abcom.ATT.COM> sdf@abcom.ATT.COM (6362 ) writes:
>I am using Windows 3.0 in a 386 machine with a VGA monitor.  Is there
>a way to keep the Windows title screen from appearing every time
>I start Windows?  Thanks in advance.

Its very easy, instead of using WIN to start windows use
WIN PROGMAN  the title screen will not show up.  If you replace PROGMAN
with another win application, say WINWORD,  Winword will be loaded with
windows.

Nelson
c164-ea@bard.berkeley.edu

lape@cs.utk.edu (Bryon S. Lape) (02/23/91)

In article <11369@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> c164-ea@hamlet.UUCP writes:
>In article <2281@abcom.ATT.COM> sdf@abcom.ATT.COM (6362 ) writes:
>>I am using Windows 3.0 in a 386 machine with a VGA monitor.  Is there
>>a way to keep the Windows title screen from appearing every time
>>I start Windows?  Thanks in advance.
>
>Its very easy, instead of using WIN to start windows use
>WIN PROGMAN  the title screen will not show up.  If you replace PROGMAN
>with another win application, say WINWORD,  Winword will be loaded with
>windows.

	This is unnecessary.  Just type this to start windows without a
title screen...

	win :

Bryon Lape