[comp.windows.ms] new ATI 512K drivers?

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) (02/24/91)

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) writes:

> Anyone know if ATI will come up with some new video drivers for Windows?
> I last heard that they wouldn't do that anymore.

Well, I checked their BBS about a week ago, and nothing new has been added in
the windows department.  If memory serves me correctly, the last update to
their windows driver was back in November.

I would guess that since they have introduced various newer, faster boards,
they are going to forget about us VGAWonder owners.  I think that they were
ready to before, at least until enough of us raised our voices.  I'd still
think twice now about buying another ATI product.  (Though that flip EISA/MCA
video card sure looks nice...)

John Keating
--
    | Support the Coalition troops! |      | keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu |
| "My heart is stone and still it trembles +---------------------------+-+
|  The world I have known is lost in shadow." |  | "If you were right,   |