[comp.windows.ms] Can WIN.INI put a file into a loaded Windows application?

strobl@gmdzi.gmd.de (Wolfgang Strobl) (02/23/91)

userCOOP@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Wes Cooper) writes:

>I'm using the line "load= " in WIN.INI to load
>Windows applications like Cardfile when I start a
>Windows session.  I'd like WIN.INI to select a
>particular .CRD file for me as well.  Is this
>too much to ask?  If you know the trick, thanks
>in advance for sharing it with me!

Just add the name of the file you want to load to the "load=" line
in WIN.INI. I.e. write "load=myown.crd", for example. It couldn't be
simpler.

Wolfgang Strobl
#include <std.disclaimer.hpp>

jlr1801@aim1.tamu.edu (Jeff Rife) (02/23/91)

In article <RN.129@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA> userCOOP@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Wes Cooper) writes:
>I'm using the line "load= " in WIN.INI to load
>Windows applications like Cardfile when I start a
>Windows session.  I'd like WIN.INI to select a
>particular .CRD file for me as well.  Is this
>too much to ask?  If you know the trick, thanks
>in advance for sharing it with me!

Try this:

load=address.crd

or whatever the name of your cardfile save file is.

--
Jeff Rife   P.O. Box 3836   |   "Because he was human; because he had goodness;
College Station, TX 77844   |    because he was moral they called him insane.

kensy@microsoft.UUCP (Ken SYKES) (02/26/91)

In article <RN.129@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA> userCOOP@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Wes Cooper) writes:
>I'm using the line "load= " in WIN.INI to load
>Windows applications like Cardfile when I start a
>Windows session.  I'd like WIN.INI to select a
>particular .CRD file for me as well.  Is this
>too much to ask?  If you know the trick, thanks
>in advance for sharing it with me!
>                  Wes Cooper
>                  Philosophy Department
>                  U of Alberta

You can put a file in win.ini if it has an association setup in file manager.
Card file has one by default so placing the .crd file in your load= line will
start Card file with your file loaded.  To add a new association click on the
file you wish to load (in file manager) and choose File.Associate.

Ken Sykes
Disclaimer: The above opinions are solely my own.