[net.auto] Ford!Europe Muscle Car

peterb@pbear.UUCP (01/15/85)

	Folks, A hell of a hot car has hit town from Ford!Europe.

I believe the name is Me-Kur canais (sic, ugh) but I do have to say that
this thing is a beast in sheeps clothing. First of all this car was designed
with the Autobahn in mind, so the suspension is firm to stiff with no
noticable roll and sticky tires. But the wild part is that it has a 2.6 6 in
it, and cranks out 245 hp. This gives it a top end of about 130-134 mph.
Ford is retooling it so that it takes a turbo-4 in america, but I think you
can get it with the six in it though. Check out you ford and mercury dealers
for the facts/pricing/availability.

haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS]) (01/18/85)

In article <1@pb~r.UUCP> peterb@pbear.UUCP writes:

>	Folks, A hell of a hot car has hit town from Ford!Europe.
>
>I believe the name is Me-Kur canais (sic, ugh) but I do have to say that
>this thing is a beast in sheeps clothing. First of all this car was designed
>with the Autobahn in mind, so the suspension is firm to stiff with no
>noticable roll and sticky tires. But the wild part is that it has a 2.6 6 in
>it, and cranks out 245 hp. This gives it a top end of about 130-134 mph.
>Ford is retooling it so that it takes a turbo-4 in america, but I think you
>can get it with the six in it though. Check out you ford and mercury dealers
>for the facts/pricing/availability.

In Europe, it's called the Ford Sierra XR4i.  In North America, it
comes *only* with the SVO turbo four, and is called the Merkur XR4Ti.
Considerably more impressive than most of the stuff put out by Ford
North America.
			\tom
			watmath!watdcsu!haapanen