[comp.windows.ms] ATMFNTS3-7 now on cica..

wer5@ellis.uchicago.edu (Will E. Rose) (02/25/91)

Cica has been prepending a garbage character onto the first file xferred during
a session. Simply use emacs to delete the first character of the file.

Will E. Rose
University of Chicago
wer5@midway.uchicago.edu
wer5@gsbsun.uchicago.edu

rspangle@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Froot Loop) (02/26/91)

In article <1991Feb25.134347.20334@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> regoli@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) writes:
%umross27@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Christopher Winston Ross) writes:
%>In article <#7Gn9yu@cs.psu.edu> tierney@belegost.endor.cs.psu.edu
%(Michael B Tierney) writes:
%>>in the /pub/pc/win3/uploads directory.  I finally went crazy enough to call
%>>LD to Wisconsin and download the remaining fonts.  I hope you all enjoy
%>>them, because once I get my phone bill, I'm going to have a stroke, heart
%>>attack, or both. 8-)  Enjoy!
%>>                                                       Mike
%>I tried downloading these files and had trouble with ATMFNTS3.ZIP.
%>Specifically, the zipfile header was 'bad' ?  Anyone else have this problem
%
%Yes.  ATMFNTS3.ZIP is corrupt.  Perhaps the ftp connection wasn't set
%to binary when the file was placed here.  I'll drop Christopher a line
%and see if we can't try this again.
%
%The other files, atmfnts4.zip, atmfnts5.zip, atmfnts6.zip, and
%atmfnts7.zip test OK.
%
%My thanks to Christopher for the uploads (and the expensive phone
%bill)!
%

The only thing wrong with ATMFNTS3.ZIP is its bad header.  Aside from
that, it's ok.  I managed to fix it using PKZIPFIX, and it uncompressed
just fine.  I'll upload the fixed version to cica after I post this.

One warning on the fonts, though:  Some of them, like Palatino, are in the
ATM Plus Pak (I think that's what it's called) also.  So if you already
have the Plus Pak, you want to be more careful about installing duplicate
fonts.  The Palatino in the Plus Pak appears to have better hinting than the
version in atmfnt?.zip.

Randy Spangler
rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu

|   Randy Spangler                   |   Get your mind out of the gutter   |
|   rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu   |   you're blocking my periscope      |

djohnson@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Dean N Johnson) (02/28/91)

In article <10968@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> rspangle@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Froot Loop) writes:
>In article <1991Feb25.134347.20334@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> regoli@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) writes:
>%umross27@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Christopher Winston Ross) writes:
>%>In article <#7Gn9yu@cs.psu.edu> tierney@belegost.endor.cs.psu.edu
>%>I tried downloading these files and had trouble with ATMFNTS3.ZIP.
>%>Specifically, the zipfile header was 'bad' ?  Anyone else have this problem
>%
>%Yes.  ATMFNTS3.ZIP is corrupt.  Perhaps the ftp connection wasn't set
>%to binary when the file was placed here.  I'll drop Christopher a line
>%and see if we can't try this again.
>%
>%The other files, atmfnts4.zip, atmfnts5.zip, atmfnts6.zip, and
>%atmfnts7.zip test OK.
>%
>The only thing wrong with ATMFNTS3.ZIP is its bad header.  Aside from
>that, it's ok.  I managed to fix it using PKZIPFIX, and it uncompressed
>just fine.  I'll upload the fixed version to cica after I post this.

>Randy Spangler
>rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu

FYI : I downloaded all of the atmfnts*.zip files over the last 3-4 days and
NONE of them had any problems unzipping.  I don't have an explanantion but
that's what happened.

-Doc