[comp.windows.ms] uudecoding windows apps

corfmanr@gtephx.UUCP (Russ Corfman) (02/28/91)

This question isn't specific to windows, but was brought
about by my attempts at getting some windows programs on
my PC at home.

Two things tend to be done to these programs. First they
are PKZIPped and then they are UUENCODEed. My problem is
that I cannot both UUDECODE and PKUNZIP at work or at home.
(I can UUDECODE at work & PKUNZIP at home). Since I use
UNIX at work and DOS at home, both steps need to be done
at the same site (at least that's what I've deduced from
the problems I've come accross - has to do with transferring
files that are mixed binary and ASCII). Getting PKUNZIP at
work is unacceptable so what I need is a version of UUDECODE
that will work on a DOS machine. I haven't been able to
find one. If someone would let me know where/how I can get
a copy, that would be appreciated (I don't have FTP access),
or if someone could mail me a copy (unzipped) that would
work just as well.

Thanks!
--
Russell Corfman
AG Communication Systems; Phoenix, AZ

eversole@acae037.cadence.com (Richard Eversole; x6239) (02/28/91)

Check out comp.binaries.ibm.pc once a month they release uudecode/uuencode
for the IBM PC. Also they release a useful program called brik. Brik is
used to generate/check checksums on files.

These files are part of a startup package that is needed to make use
of the files transmitted by c.p.i.p.

    eversole@cadence.com

    Live long and prosper !

           -------------
                       /
          ----------  /
                   / /
        --------  / /      ____   ------  ____   _____         ____  _____
       ------  / / /      /    \    /\    |   \  |     |\   | /    \ |
      ----  / / / /       |        /  \   |    | |__   | \  | |      |__
     --  / / / / /        |       /----\  |    | |     |  \ | |      |
    / / / / / / /         \____/ /      \ |___/  |____ |   \| \____/ |____
    \ \ \ \ \ \ \

lopes@cogsci.ucsd.EDU (alann lopes) (03/01/91)

In article <1991Feb28.144415.20457@cadence.com> eversole@acae037.cadence.com (Richard Eversole; x6239) writes:

>Check out comp.binaries.ibm.pc once a month they release uudecode/uuencode
>for the IBM PC. Also they release a useful program called brik. Brik is
>used to generate/check checksums on files.

    You can also find uudecode/uuencode at simtel20 (26.2.0.74) or at
    uuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)

                  alann

   alann lopes:        alopes@ucsd.edu       -- internet
   Programmer/Analyst  lopes@cogsci.ucsd.edu -- internet