[comp.windows.ms] KP-X1124 driver

kcv0@bunny.gte.com (Kurt Van Schalkwijk) (02/27/91)

I know it emulates this and that but I want a 360X360 dpi.  The Epson and
IBM do not do this.  I tried all the epson 24 pin configurations but none offer the high res.

 It is sooooo depressing.

Kurt

Blue dogs in the sky...
They're eating up my brain!!!

mhoffos@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (02/28/91)

In article <10669@bunny.GTE.COM>, kcv0@bunny.gte.com (Kurt  Van Schalkwijk) writes:
> I know it emulates this and that but I want a 360X360 dpi.  The Epson and
> IBM do not do this.  I tried all the epson 24 pin configurations but none offer the high res.
>
>  It is sooooo depressing.
>

> Kurt

Here here!  Has anyone out there (Microsoft?) realized just how popular and
widespread the 1124 is, and how many of us would *love* to have 360x360 instead
of 360x180?

In other words, if someone hears of a driver written *expressly* for the 1124,
can you please post about it here?  The epson driver that comes with windows
works, but it doesn't use all the printer's latent abilities.

Mike Hoffos
--
mhoffos@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca
(Mount Royal College is a community college in Calgary, Alberta)

Disclaimer:     Mount Royal College doesn't speak for me, and I *certainly*
                don't speak for it.

stephenc@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Stephen Chung) (03/01/91)

In article <1991Feb27.201622.6326@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca> mhoffos@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca writes:

>Here here!  Has anyone out there (Microsoft?) realized just how popular and
>widespread the 1124 is, and how many of us would *love* to have 360x360 instead
>of 360x180?
>
>In other words, if someone hears of a driver written *expressly* for the 1124,
>can you please post about it here?  The epson driver that comes with windows
>works, but it doesn't use all the printer's latent abilities.

And it sends out courier when I chooses Roman PS.  I have to override
the software setting with the printer's front panel to get it to print
Bold PS.  Annoying.

- Stephen

mossin@Siri.Unit.NO (yvind Mossin) (03/01/91)

In article <10669@bunny.GTE.COM>, kcv0@bunny.gte.com (Kurt  Van Schalkwijk) writes:
|> I know it emulates this and that but I want a 360X360 dpi.  The Epson and
|> IBM do not do this.  I tried all the epson 24 pin configurations but none offer the high res.
|>
|>  It is sooooo depressing.
|>

|> Kurt
|>

|> Blue dogs in the sky...
|> They're eating up my brain!!!

I use the NEC Pinwriter P6 printerdriver included in the windows
distribution. It works fine on my Panasonic KX-P1124 in 360x360 dpi mode.
It does not support all the builtin printerfonts (Bold PS works :-).