[comp.windows.ms] FMSOUND driver for W3

rlk20269@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Richard Leon Kapusta) (02/28/91)

I was just wondering if there was a way to make the default sound
in fmsound.sys something other than silence.  I like the idea of having
my warning beep come out through my SB, but it is a pain to have to
play a song or something to change the beep.  Any ideas?

Rich
University of Illinois

) (03/01/91)

In article <1991Feb27.225802.6758@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, rlk20269@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Richard Leon Kapusta) writes:
> I was just wondering if there was a way to make the default sound
> in fmsound.sys something other than silence.  I like the idea of having
> my warning beep come out through my SB, but it is a pain to have to
> play a song or something to change the beep.  Any ideas?
>
> Rich
> University of Illinois
Is this something totally different from FM.DRV?
| Santanu Sircar                               BITNET:   ssircar@umaecs.bitnet |
| University of Massachusetts/Amherst          INTERNET: ssircar@ecs.umass.edu |

dpalmans@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Daniel Palmans) (03/02/91)

Is there a ftp site where one can find .rol FILES ?

 Thanks.

rlk20269@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Richard Leon Kapusta) (03/02/91)

In article <12643.27ce26fc@ecs.umass.edu> ssircar@ecs.umass.edu (Good writers re-write -- not write!) writes:
>In article <1991Feb27.225802.6758@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, rlk20269@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Richard Leon Kapusta) writes:
>> I was just wondering if there was a way to make the default sound
>> in fmsound.sys something other than silence.  I like the idea of having
>> my warning beep come out through my SB, but it is a pain to have to
>> play a song or something to change the beep.  Any ideas?
>>
>> Rich

I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant FM.DRV.

Rich